Friday, September 30, 2011

Some editing work for the Auckland Council...

Here's a video I recently put together for the Auckland Council on the new Auckland Plan. Parts of it were a bit rushed in the end, but it was a fun project, and actually looks like quite a good plan! Go Auckland!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Phoenix Cosmetics

Here's some work I've done for Phoenix Cosmetics' new store in Wellington...
Window and sandwich board by yours truly.

Spent a surprisingly long time giving Marilyn spirals.

Aww, what a purty shop!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Botanic Gardens kid's trail

I've been designing up a kid's trail for the Auckland Botanic Gardens this last week. First I tried building the whole thing out of play dough - no kidding! I cooked up some play dough on the stove, moulded it into different shaps and photographed it. But sadly the whole concept was a FAIL! So in the end I reverted to "traditional" illustration and design. *sigh*

Anyway, here's the cover from the finished, A3 work - folded down to A5.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Taxi driver

Further my previous post, still experimenting stylistically here and thinking about character design. ...Also future vehicle design... although to be honest, I was mostly testing my ability to draw a car at all. Never a strong point for me - machines, buildings etc. I think because I'm a bit lazy.

Digital inking

I'm now officially out of work! Quit the day-job as of yesterday, so I'm now on the look-out for paying jobs. Meanwhile, I spent the afternoon experimenting with some different digital inking techniques, below. These are also partly character studies for a novel/comic/movie concept I'm chiseling away at, but are mostly just doodles. I guess I'm also trying to find a style of my own in there.

Friday, September 2, 2011

PhotoShop fun

This wee job took a lot more time than I imagined - mostly because there was so much that had to fit in! But anyway, was an interesting challenge in PhotoShop - and to a degree of technicality I haven't gone to before. Overall I created over 100 layers to get to the final image, 300dpi and 9000 pixels wide. Pushed my poor Imac to the point of being a dick. 

This was created for Weltec and Sauce.